Terms and conditions
The video is hosted by Vimeo. To receive the COMPLETE package, schools MUST register with Vimeo or only the video will be streamed and you will not receive the rest of the package. If not completely satisfied, schools can receive a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
One purchase is for the sole use of one school and its staff for teaching purposes. Copying and/or redistributing any of the content is illegal and the Company reserves the right to pursue any damages caused by illegal distribution.
Since the abolition of the over-regulated CRB checking, those visiting schools just once a week are no longer required to subscribe to DBS checks. A DBS is only required for regulated activity relating to children if the work is carried out frequently (defined as more than once per week). In addition, as with mainstream professional children’s theatre, actors performing to children, as opposed to working with children, are not required to have DBS checks – this applies to our actors.
In the event that The Company arrives at the school to fulfil the booking and the actors are refused entry due to not having a DBScheck with them, The School will be liable for the full invoice amount.
TIMES OF THE SHOW
The Company (Kinetic) endeavours to perform the show(s) at the time(s) shown on the booking form. However, in the event of heavy traffic, or other circumstances beyond our control, we will keep the school informed and will aim to start the show as near as possible to the scheduled time. In extreme lateness (deemed as in excess of 30 minutes) it is acknowledged that either party may wish to reschedule.
ACCESS & PARKING
Good access is defined as being able to drive the Transit-sized van as close as possible to the nearest entrance to a ground floor performing area. It is assumed that parking will be available on school premises, but schools without parking facilities are expected to provide coins for nearby car parks or parking meters. Where parking is neither provided nor paid for, it will not be possible to perform the show(s), and The School will be liable for payment in full.
TEACHER’S PRE–SHOW INFORMATION
The teacher responsible for the booking should distribute copies of the Teacher’s Pre-Show Information to all teachers concerned with the performance.
AUDIENCE SIZE / REQUIRED SPACE
The School agrees to limit the audience size to 250 pupils, unless permission has been granted by the main Production Office to increase this number. Any increase in numbers must not encroach upon the minimum amount of space required for the set and performance area, which is a minimum of 20 feet by 20 feet (approx 6m by 6m). In the event that The Company arrives at the school and the audience size or space available is deemed to be in breach of this Agreement, the Company reserves the right to cancel the performance and The School will be liable for the full invoice amount.
SETTING UP / DISMANTLING TIME
The School should allow 45-60 minutes clear setting up time, prior to the show. Schools are requested not to bring children to the performance area until clearance has been given. After the show approximately 30 minutes is required to dismantle and vacate. In the case where two shows are being performed in the same school, provision should be made for the set, props and costumes to be left on site. However, the actors will pack away as much as possible if necessary to allow room for other activities, such as dinners.
If, for whatever reason, The Company has to cancel a performance within less than two weeks, an alternative date will be offered to the school where possible. If an alternative date cannot be agreed, a discounted rate may be offered for the next available production.
In the event that The School cancels within one month of the performance date, The School will be liable to pay a 50% cancellation charge. In the event that The School cancels within two weeks of the performance date, The School will be liable to pay the full invoice amount.
In the event that The Company arrives at the school and, for whatever reason, the school has been closed and The Company uninformed, The School will be liable for the full invoice amount.
All payments should be made within one calendar month of the performance date. Statutory Interest Charges and an Administration fee will be applied to any late payments, in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts [Interest] Act 1988 as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulation 2002.
Schools may process the invoice on a County order, to avoid paying VAT.
Kinetic Theatre Company Ltd has full liability insurance with cover provided by ACE European Group Ltd. (Policy details available upon request).
KINETIC WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The term ‘Kinetic Theatre Comany’ or ‘Kinetic’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Atticus House, 2 The Windmills, Turk Street, Alton, Hampshire GU34 1EF. Our company registration number is 04601187. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
If you have any questions regarding these terms, please contact us.
Kinetic Theatre Company
62 Seely Road
London SW17 9QT